Boise Optimal Nutrition is a private practice owned by Medina Blanchet, registered dietitian/nutritionist. Medina received her Bachelor’s of Science in Nutrition from Bastyr University in Kenmore, Washington, which is one of the top natural health universities in the nation. She completed her dietetic internship at Utah State University.
Her nutrition training and experience includes the ancient wisdom of Ayurveda (native to India), Traditional Chinese Medicine and functional medicine as well as the modern evidence-based medical nutrition therapy. She has given numerous presentations to school classes of all ages, community groups and businesses.
Her main area of expertise is digestive health, including:
- Food intolerances, GERD, IBS, inflammatory bowel diseases, gall bladder problems, chronic pancreatitis, candida (micro biome imbalance.)
Other areas of focus include:
- Hormone imbalance: hypothyroidism, adrenal fatigue and PCOS
- Insulin resistance: Type 2 diabetes (non-insulin dependent), gestational diabetes, PCOS, metabolic syndrome
- Heart health: hypertension, hyperlipidemia
- Eating disorders: patients must be concurrently seeing a counselor and having regular checkups with their primary care doctor.
- Weight management – including nutritional counseling and behavior modification to support weight loss surgery patients
- Surgery preparation and recovery
- Optimal health
Of course, the goal with all patients is to help them reach their optimal health for whatever stage of life they are in! Every patient is unique and requires a care plan to meet their individual needs. Registered dietitians do not use “cookie cutter” approaches to health care!
Medina coordinates care with her patients’ doctors & counselors to optimize treatment outcomes.
In addition to her private practice, Medina has also self-published a book called Introducing Solid Foods to Babies: A Conservative Approach to Help Reduce the Risk of Food Sensitivities and Allergies and she developed a natural skin care line called CoAloe.
For more information about Medina, click here to visit her LinkedIn profile.